Building strong relationships with our Royalty Owners is an important part of our business. As a royalty owner, you deserve open and clear communication regarding your interests. We understand how important your ownership is to you and we are here to answer your questions and connect you with the resources you need.

Frequently Asked Questions
  • How do I notify Berry of an address change?

    You may download a “Change of Address” form under Owner Forms and send it to the mailing address, or scan it and send via e-mail to Please feel free to contact us at any time to check the status of your request.

  • Can I set up direct deposit?

    Berry has ACH set up for those wanting to enroll in direct deposit. The form is located on the Owner Relations page under “Owner Forms.”

  • What is the purpose of my owner number?

    The owner number is how Berry’s accounting system identifies a specific owner.

  • How do I find my owner number?

    Owners can contact Berry Land department ( to obtain their owner number.

  • When should I receive my royalty check?

    Royalty checks are mailed monthly. Berry aims to mail by the 25th of every month, but there may be unforeseen delays with processing as we transition with our accounting system. California oil revenue is paid the month following production and all other revenue is paid two months following production.

  • What are stale-dated checks?

    Stale-dated checks are checks that are not deposited by a certain date after the date of the check. Berry revenue checks are voided 180 days after the date of the check.

  • Does Berry have a minimum payment policy?

    Yes, Berry has a minimum payment policy of $100.00 (USD). A payment will automatically be issued during the revenue cycle upon meeting this minimum amount.

  • Why is backup withholding deducted from my revenue check?

    Berry has a couple different types of withholding. If a tax ID (W9) is not on file, Berry is required to withhold federal taxes from payments. In addition, the State of Utah has a mandatory 5% withholding on gross revenues for Severance Taxes. The State of California requires a 7% withholding for mineral revenue paid to owners with addresses outside of the State of California. For the California withholding, the Franchise Tax Board will allow exemptions for this withholding, but the burden is on the royalty owner to file and request this with the State.

  • Why have I not received a revenue check?

    If you have not received your check, it might be one or several of the reasons listed below: 1. Incorrect address 2. Check is under $100.00 (minimum payment policy) 3. Account is in suspense

  • How can I contact Berry if I have questions about my payment?

    You can call us Toll Free at 866-306-0536 or email us at We are happy to work with you and look forward to answering your questions in a timely matter.

  • How can I find out if monies from my interest(s) are being held in suspense?

    To check the status of your account you can contact or call 866-306-0536.

  • When should I expect to receive my form 1099 each year?

    1099s are mailed on or before January 31st following the end of the taxable year. In the event January 31st falls on a weekend, they may be mailed the following Monday. Please allow up to 15 days to receive your 1099 in the mail.

Didn’t Find the Answer

If you require additional information, please contact the Owner Relations department by using the form below, call toll free (866) 306-0536 or email Please assist us in handling your inquiry by being specific in your subject and message.